With the introduction of a new Senior Coach and Director of Football (Tom Ballantyne) and Director of Junior Football (Stuart Simpson), The Cove FC Football Philosophy has been developed, in accordance with the accepted FIFA, FFA and FFSA guiding principles and national curriculum.
The Cove FC playing style coached is possession based, fast attacking play.
All Cove coaches are trained to provide coaching in accordance with a pre-prepared syllabus, promoting first touch skills, awareness and team work in order to deliver the playing style. For all grades the coaching focus is on individual player skills development. The focus is not on match day results. Players will be encouraged to develop in all aspects of the game and they will not be encouraged to win at all costs. The coaching and playing styles may be very different to what you have experienced in the past.
Every effort will be made to provide SSF and Junior Players will be provided with equal match play time over the course of the season. In age groups with multiple teams, your player may be moved into an alternate squad at the discretion of the Coaches in order to maximise the development potential of all players.
SSF and Junior Players may be selected to attend The Seeley International Development Academy. Attendance is optional and free, but we would ask that you encourage the player to attend, so that they can obtain some small group and one to one skills coaching from our Junior Head Coach and Director of Football. The Academy sessions follow a separate curriculum which has been developed to complement the FFSA Skills Acquisition Programme and STIC programmes.
Our Mission is “To be the best club in the south”.
We think The Cove FC can be the best club in the south if we:
- improve all we offer to the community
- develop all players to achieve their full potential
- provide a centre of excellence for football development
- be successful at both junior and senior level
- provide a clear pathway for junior players to senior positions
- ensure a welcoming and inclusive environment for families
We want everyone in the Club to believe in and by their behaviour demonstrate the following values:
- acceptance and inclusion
These values together will provide a safe family centred environment for our players.
- Quiz Night
- 6th July 2014: U9 White vs Sturt Orange (away)
- 29th June 2014: U9 White vs Sturt Orange (away) – friendly
- 22nd June 2014: U9 White vs Adelaide Hills (Red) (Home)
- 22nd June 2014, U9 Cove Red vs Adelaide Hills (Blue)
- 22nd June 2014 – U12s vs Cumberland United (Home)
- Seeley School Holiday Academy
- 15th June 2014 – U12s vs Seaford FC (Home)
- 1st June 2014: U9 Reds vs Noarlunga White (Home)
- Strategic Planning Update