With the introduction of a new Senior Coach and Director of Football (Tom Ballantyne) and Director of Junior Football (Mark Curtis), The Cove FC Football Philosophy has been developed, in accordance with the accepted FIFA, FFA and FFSA guiding principles and national curriculum.
The Cove FC playing style coached is possession based, fast attacking play.
All Cove coaches are trained to provide coaching in accordance with a pre-prepared syllabus, promoting first touch skills, awareness and team work in order to deliver the playing style. For all grades the coaching focus is on individual player skills development. The focus is not on match day results. Players will be encouraged to develop in all aspects of the game and they will not be encouraged to win at all costs. The coaching and playing styles may be very different to what you have experienced in the past.
Every effort will be made to provide SSF and Junior Players will be provided with equal match play time over the course of the season. In age groups with multiple teams, your player may be moved into an alternate squad at the discretion of the Coaches in order to maximise the development potential of all players.
SSF and Junior Players may be selected to attend The Seeley International Development Academy. Attendance is optional and free, but we would ask that you encourage the player to attend, so that they can obtain some small group and one to one skills coaching from our Junior Head Coach and Director of Football. The Academy sessions follow a separate curriculum which has been developed to complement the FFSA Skills Acquisition Programme and STIC programmes.
Our Mission is “To be the best club in the south”.
We think The Cove FC can be the best club in the south if we:
- improve all we offer to the community
- develop all players to achieve their full potential
- provide a centre of excellence for football development
- be successful at both junior and senior level
- provide a clear pathway for junior players to senior positions
- ensure a welcoming and inclusive environment for families
We want everyone in the Club to believe in and by their behaviour demonstrate the following values:
- acceptance and inclusion
These values together will provide a safe family centred environment for our players.
- Merry Christmas from The Cove FC
- Welcome Back – Scott Harrison
- Welcome Back – Reece Markham
- Welcome to The Cove FC- Jason Easton
- Welcome Back – Ben Easton
- Welcome Back – Hamish Mills
- December School Holidays Clinic Dates
- Welcome Back – Steve Hall V2
- Welcome Back – Zack Rosser
- Welcome Back – Sam Zinnoegger
- Cove FC U18’s Open Session
- Welcome Back – Jaffa!
- Welcome Back – Liam Quinn
- Welcome Back – Jarrad Treacy
- Welcome Back – Jack Drewery
- Welcome Back – Sean Harris
- Welcome Back – Terry Blyth
- Welcome to The Cove FC – Liam Mullan
- Welcome Back – Joel Morgan
- Welcome Back – James Burch
- Welcome Back – Danny Jess
- Welcome to The Cove FC – Declan Finney
- Welcome to The Cove FC – Marcello Paola
- Welcome to The Cove FC – Doug Wade
- Welcome Back – Josh Baines
- Welcome Back – Kieran Handberg
- Welcome Back – Sam Flinn
- Welcome Back – Karl Anglish
- Welcome Back – Saxon Klass
- Rising Star Craig Atkinson Returns!
- Welcome back – Louis Lloyd
- Welcome Back – Alex Tate
- Welcome Back – Steve Hall
- New Signing – Ollie Grant
- Seniors, Reserves and Under 18s Trials
- U12 JPL Winners
- 14th September 2014 – U12s vs Seaford (Away)
- Coaching Appointments
- 7th September 2014 – U12s vs Sturt Lions (Home)
- 7th September 2014 – U9 White vs Adelaide Hills Blue (Home)
- Under 16s continue to improve.
- Race night is a winner!
- 31st August 2014 – U12s vs White City (Away)
- 24th August 2014 – Cove Red vs. Cove White (‘Away’)
- 17th August 2014: U9 Reds vs Noarlunga White (Away)
- 24th August 2014 – U12s vs Adelaide Cobras (Away)
- 14th August 2014 – U12s vs Cumberland United (Away)
- 10th August 2014 – U12s vs Noarlunga United (Away)
- 10th August 2014: U9 White vs Noarlunga United White (Home)
- Call for 2015 Sponsors