With the introduction of a new Senior Coach and Director of Football (Tom Ballantyne) and a newly appointed Director of Junior Football (Mark Curtis), The Cove FC Football Philosophy has been developed, in accordance with the accepted FIFA, FFA and FFSA guiding principles and national curriculum.
The Cove FC playing style coached is possession based, fast attacking play.
All Cove coaches are trained to provide coaching in accordance with a pre-prepared syllabus, promoting first touch skills, awareness and team work in order to deliver the playing style. For all grades the coaching focus is on individual player skills development. The focus is not on match day results. Players will be encouraged to develop in all aspects of the game and they will not be encouraged to win at all costs. The coaching and playing styles may be very different to what you have experienced in the past.
Every effort will be made to provide SSF and Junior Players with equal match playing time over the course of the season. In age groups with multiple teams, our players may be asked to move into an alternate squad at the discretion of the Coaches in order to maximise the development potential of all players.
Our Mission is “To be the best club in the south”.
We think The Cove FC can be the best club in the south if we:
- improve all we offer to the community
- develop all players to achieve their full potential
- provide a centre of excellence for football development
- be successful at both junior and senior level
- provide a clear pathway for junior players to senior positions
- ensure a welcoming and inclusive environment for families
We want everyone in the Club to believe in and by their behaviour demonstrate the following values:
- acceptance and inclusion
These values together will provide a safe family centred environment for our players.
- A long trip to Pirie tomorrow.
- Round 2 fixture changes
- Sweet little victory!
- Under 18s show promise but no win against Cumberland
- The season starts now!
- Round 1 Fixture changes
- Beachouse Lock-In
- Good luck up North
- Welcome Back – Jay Honeysett
- Welcome to The Cove FC- Matt Jeffrey
- Welcome Back – Jake Markham
- Welcome Back – Marc Zinnoegger
- Welcome to The Cove FC- Christian Fleetwood
- Welcome Back – Kyle Markham
- Welcome Back – David Blane
- Merry Christmas from The Cove FC
- Welcome Back – Scott Harrison
- Welcome Back – Reece Markham
- Welcome to The Cove FC- Jason Easton
- Welcome Back – Ben Easton
- Welcome Back – Hamish Mills
- December School Holidays Clinic Dates
- Welcome Back – Steve Hall V2
- Welcome Back – Zack Rosser
- Welcome Back – Sam Zinnoegger
- Cove FC U18’s Open Session
- Welcome Back – Jaffa!
- Welcome Back – Liam Quinn
- Welcome Back – Jarrad Treacy
- Welcome Back – Jack Drewery
- Welcome Back – Sean Harris
- Welcome Back – Terry Blyth
- Welcome to The Cove FC – Liam Mullan
- Welcome Back – Joel Morgan
- Welcome Back – James Burch
- Welcome Back – Danny Jess
- Welcome to The Cove FC – Declan Finney
- Welcome to The Cove FC – Marcello Paola
- Welcome to The Cove FC – Doug Wade
- Welcome Back – Josh Baines
- Welcome Back – Kieran Handberg
- Welcome Back – Sam Flinn
- Welcome Back – Saxon Klass
- Rising Star Craig Atkinson Returns!
- Welcome back – Louis Lloyd
- Welcome Back – Alex Tate
- Welcome Back – Steve Hall
- New Signing – Ollie Grant
- Seniors, Reserves and Under 18s Trials
- U12 JPL Winners